SOU defines the following individually identifiable information as personal information:
Information about an individual which can be used to identify that specific individual due to its inclusion of a name, date of birth, or other such information. Or which includes personal identification codes.
(This includes any information that can be easily cross-checked against other information and thereby used to identify that specific individual).
2. Management Structure
For the management of personal information, SOU will appoint a Personal Information Protection Officer and establish an organizational structure necessary for such management. Furthermore, SOU will strive to maintain the transparency of management by appointing a person in charge of the helpdesk and internal audit, respectively.
3. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
SOU will clarify the purpose of use of personal information and acquire personal information through proper means to the extent necessary to accomplish the established purpose of use, and endeavor to keep the contents accurate and up to date. SOU will not acquire personal information that is likely to infringe the rights and interests of individuals. Furthermore, SOU will not use or disclose or provide to third parties any personal information beyond the scope of customer’s approval.
4. Compliance of Laws and Regulations etc.
SOU will comply with any and all laws, regulations, national guidelines and other rules regarding to acquisition, use or otherwise handling of all personal information.
5. Safety Control Measures
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, SOU will endeavor to consistently strengthen and develop safety measures including its current information security practice, and to prevent and remedy unauthorized access and/or leakage, loss or damage to personal information. Also, in order to accomplish the purpose of use, SOU may outsource the handling of any or all of customer’s personal information, however, in such case, SOU will select and entrust an outsourcee that meets its personal information protection standard and will supervise such outsourcee after such entrustment, such as by conducting regular inspections.
6. Individual Rights in Regard to Personal Information
If SOU receives from a customer a request for the notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of contents, suspension of use, elimination or suspension of provision to a third party in regard to such customer’s personal information, SOU will respect the rights of the customer in regard to its personal information and respond in a sincere manner. Furthermore, SOU will establish a Contact Window for complaints or inquires to SOU in regard to handling of personal information.
7. Continuous Improvement of the Personal Information Protection Management Systems
In order to properly handle personal information that it received from its customers and business partners, SOU will prepare internal rules, conduct education to its employees and perform adequate internal audit. Furthermore, SOU will endeavor to continuously strengthen and improve the personal information protection management system including revision of this Policy.
CEO Shinsuke Sakimoto
Revised: May 1, 2017
Particulars made Public in regard to Personal Information
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
For the following purpose of use, SOU will use customer’s personal information within the scope necessary for performing its business. If SOU intends to use such personal information for purpose other than the following purpose of use, SOU will clarify the purpose of use and obtain prior approval of the customer each time. Furthermore, SOU will not use any personal information that is included in warranty certificates, guarantee cards, remaining electronic data etc. that accompanies purchased goods etc.
In regard to personal information marked with (※), such information is personal information subject to disclosure, and therefore notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the contents, suspension of use, elimination and suspension of provision to third parties may be requested to SOU.
|Types of Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
Business Partner Information※
Various Information for Inquiries※
(1) For response to inquiries from customers, follow-through service or to conduct various types of procedures regarding secondhand dealing;
(2) For sending information regarding service, products or various types of projects of SOU, its group companies or companies that form a partnership with SOU;
(3) For sending information regarding SOU’s business activity such as questionnaire survey, conduct of campaigns etc.;
(4) For making decisions of secondhand dealing, management of trading conditions after commencement of secondhand dealing, credit management or management of receivables;
(5) For the evaluation of secondhand goods or identity confirmation of customer;
(6) For the prevention of unauthorized transaction;
(7) For marketing survey and analysis;
(8) For preparation of statistics for analysis of management and use of result of analysis;
(9) For ensuring appropriate correspondence by operating personnel or staffs at the time of telephone correspondence or servicing customers and/or maintaining and improving the quality of such personnel or staffs; or
(10) For other necessary operations for secondhand dealings etc. including correspondence etc. based on laws and regulations.
|Information of applicants to hire※||For making decisions as to whether such person fits the needs of SOU.|
|Information of current employees※||For personnel management services and business communication|
|Information of retired employee※||For personnel management services of retired employee as stipulated by law and as-needed basis communication of social events etc.|
2. Contact Details for Inquiries regarding Personal Information
If you have any requests in regard to notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the contents, suspension of use, elimination or suspension of provision to third parties in regard to personal information or complaints or inquiries in regard thereto, please contact us through either of the following:
Contact：Personal Information Office
Furthermore, in regard to personal information that you inquire about, please note that SOU cannot comply with your request in regard to personal information that cannot be disclosed pursuant to provisions of laws and regulations or personal information for which storage period established by SOU has expired.
3. Joint Use of Personal Information
SOU Inc. Group Company (hereinafter referred to as “Joint User”), which has executed an Agreement with SOU in regard to provision of personal information, will jointly use personal information for the following items and purpose:
(1) Items of personal data that will be jointly used
The following items provided when applying for and using SOU’s service:
Name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and other attribute information of the customer listed in the applications etc. and contract information;
(2) Scope of joint users of such information (Joint User)
Kabushiki Kaisha Kobijyutsu Hakkoudo (3-16-5 Nanbanaka, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Osaka)
(3) Purpose of joint use
Purpose of use is the same as the purpose specified in “Purpose of use of Personal Information”.
(4) Name of person that is responsible for the management of personal information
Personal Information Protection Officer
4. Procedures to deal with requests of disclosure etc. of Personal Information
When requesting disclosure etc. of personal information, please contact the Contact Window regarding personal information (Personal Information Office).
※Requests from representatives will be limited to the following:
・Statutory representative of minors and adult wards
・Representative delegated by the person requesting disclosure etc.
※Please note that SOU may charge handling fee for requests regarding “Disclosure” or “Notification of Purpose of Use”.
SOU’s website uses a technology named Cookies.
(1) Cookies are a technology that enables a web server to identify a customer’s computer by storing a file on such computer when the customer accesses a website.
(4) It is possible to invalidate the functions of Cookies by changing the settings of your browser, however, please note that as a result, it may be possible that any or all services provided on the Website may become unavailable.
Personal Information Protection Officer
Revised: March 1, 2017
※This is a reference. The original sentence is Japanese and only the original sentence is applied effectively.